October 25-29, 2017
100th Anniversary Week-Long Activities Planned
This October, we will celebrate our Church’s 100th Anniversary. Numerous and varied events are being planned between Wednesday, October 25-29. Please save those dates and invite family and friends to join us. That week’s agenda is as follows:
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- 7:00 pm
- Great Hierarchical Vespers for the Holy and Glorious Martyr Saint Demetrios, the Blessing of the Five Loaves, officiated by His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos.
Coffee and pastry reception to follow will be hosted by our Ladies Philoptochos.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- 9:00am/10 am
- Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the Holy and Glorious Martyr, Saint Demetrios, Rev. Dr. George Parsenios, Celebrant.
Annual St. Demetrios Complimentary luncheon for all attendees will be catered by The Barge Restaurant.
Friday, October 27, 2017
- Welcome and Registration EFGOCM convention registration CHOIR ONLY
Friday October 27 Workshops choir only breakfast, lunch, light dinner downstairs church.
- 7:00 pm
- Arts and Crafts display honoring Saint Demetrios by our St. Demetrios Youth.
- ARCADIAN CHORALE PRESENTS: CONCERT HONORING THE GREAT MARTYR, ST. DEMETRIOS.
CONDUCTED BY MAESTRA MARINA ALEXANDER, accompanied by Yiannis Xylas. Wine, Cheese and Pastry reception will be sponsored by the Parish Council.
Saturday October 28, 2017
CHOIR FEDERATION WORKSHOPS CHOIR ONLY
- CHOIR FEDERATION AND PARISH COUNCIL DINNER AND GLENDI (INVITATION ONLY)
Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Hierarchical Divine Liturgy officiated by His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos.
Eastern Federation of Greek Orthodox Choir Musicians will perform the Premiere of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom in the Fourth Plagal Mode by Anna Gallos, conducted by Nicholas Kyrus and accompanied by Theodora Adzharova.
- Following church services
- 100th Anniversary Luncheon
Outdoor on-site luncheon under the tent to follow church services. Catered by The Pines Manor.
TICKETS ARE $55 FOR ADULTS, $20 FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12, CHILDREN UNDER 6 ARE FREE. Table purchases in advance for 10 people by Oct. 1, 2017 will cost $500. Tickets purchased at the door will cost $65 for adults.
Past 100th Anniversary Activities:
Lenten Flyer for April 7 2017